Wednesday, February 24

Day 2. Salento, Colombia

So we arrive in Salento and immediately head to the Paramo Trek office to be debriefed on our trek that stars at sunrise the next day.  Upon arrival, "You wanted an English speaking guide?"  Why, yes, I figured you knew that since we only emailed and conversed in English.  I'm also from the US which was clearly stated on all my applications.  So yes, English.  But, no, the guide only speaks Spanish.  "Don't worry, we'll talk slow."  So they begin what to bring, water filtering, rain, cold.  Yes, I understand.  Then... temperatures in Celsius, lengths in kilometers, heights in meters, all while trying to translate spanish to english.   I can't even.  





0 comments:

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP